Modify a client fileWill GDPR (EU law) make bad practices in security illegal?How to satisfy GDPR's consent requirement for IP logging?Russian bank calling Russian citizen who is tourist in EU - GDPR issuesGDPR - am I a data controller as an app owner if I do not have access to the data?Are publicly available password dumps legal under GDPRGDPR Compliance - Tell EU users not to sign upDeliberately inaccurate dataDoes my Personal Web App need to comply to GDPR?Do Bitcoin nodes need consent to store EU citizen's personal data?Data Portability in GDPR

Why don't other Westeros houses use wildfire?

Controversial area of mathematics

Is the 5 MB static resource size limit 5,242,880 bytes or 5,000,000 bytes?

Checks user level and limit the data before saving it to mongoDB

How do I use proper grammar in the negation of "have not" for the following sentence translation?

How did Captain America manage to do this?

Will a top journal at least read my introduction?

What's the polite way to say "I need to urinate"?

Why isn't the definition of absolute value applied when squaring a radical containing a variable?

Which big number is bigger?

Does Gita support doctrine of eternal samsara?

What are the potential pitfalls when using metals as a currency?

How can I place the product on a social media post better?

What happened to Captain America in Endgame?

What does KSP mean?

How would one muzzle a full grown polar bear in the 13th century?

How can the Zone of Truth spell be defeated without the caster knowing?

Rivers without rain

French for 'It must be my imagination'?

How can I change the color of a part of a line?

How exactly does Hawking radiation decrease the mass of black holes?

Why does processed meat contain preservatives, while canned fish needs not?

How to get a plain text file version of a CP/M .BAS (M-BASIC) program?

What is the incentive for curl to release the library for free?



Modify a client file


Will GDPR (EU law) make bad practices in security illegal?How to satisfy GDPR's consent requirement for IP logging?Russian bank calling Russian citizen who is tourist in EU - GDPR issuesGDPR - am I a data controller as an app owner if I do not have access to the data?Are publicly available password dumps legal under GDPRGDPR Compliance - Tell EU users not to sign upDeliberately inaccurate dataDoes my Personal Web App need to comply to GDPR?Do Bitcoin nodes need consent to store EU citizen's personal data?Data Portability in GDPR













0















After the setup of the GDPR law about personnal data security, I have a case I'm not sure about.
Test case: I receive an addresses file from a client containing x lines of addresses with personnal data (phone number, address, name,...).
I have a treatment to be ran on this file and I see that a data is incorrect (date format for example):
- Do I have the right to modify the original file?
- Should I ask the client to resend a new file?
- Can I change the format of the date if I make a copy of the file before?



Not really sure that case is concerned by the GDPR thought...










share|improve this question














bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 6 mins ago


This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.



















    0















    After the setup of the GDPR law about personnal data security, I have a case I'm not sure about.
    Test case: I receive an addresses file from a client containing x lines of addresses with personnal data (phone number, address, name,...).
    I have a treatment to be ran on this file and I see that a data is incorrect (date format for example):
    - Do I have the right to modify the original file?
    - Should I ask the client to resend a new file?
    - Can I change the format of the date if I make a copy of the file before?



    Not really sure that case is concerned by the GDPR thought...










    share|improve this question














    bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 6 mins ago


    This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.

















      0












      0








      0








      After the setup of the GDPR law about personnal data security, I have a case I'm not sure about.
      Test case: I receive an addresses file from a client containing x lines of addresses with personnal data (phone number, address, name,...).
      I have a treatment to be ran on this file and I see that a data is incorrect (date format for example):
      - Do I have the right to modify the original file?
      - Should I ask the client to resend a new file?
      - Can I change the format of the date if I make a copy of the file before?



      Not really sure that case is concerned by the GDPR thought...










      share|improve this question














      After the setup of the GDPR law about personnal data security, I have a case I'm not sure about.
      Test case: I receive an addresses file from a client containing x lines of addresses with personnal data (phone number, address, name,...).
      I have a treatment to be ran on this file and I see that a data is incorrect (date format for example):
      - Do I have the right to modify the original file?
      - Should I ask the client to resend a new file?
      - Can I change the format of the date if I make a copy of the file before?



      Not really sure that case is concerned by the GDPR thought...







      gdpr






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Nov 13 '18 at 9:12









      VeZoulVeZoul

      1012




      1012





      bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 6 mins ago


      This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.







      bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 6 mins ago


      This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          No issue with how you modify the data. You still need to protect the original and modified data as personal data (though I know that's not your question).



          And that's also assuming that the modifications you're making aren't reducing the accuracy of the personal data per Article 5... but I'm not sure why you'd want to update the data to be wrong.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer








            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "617"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            noCode: true, onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2flaw.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f33463%2fmodify-a-client-file%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            No issue with how you modify the data. You still need to protect the original and modified data as personal data (though I know that's not your question).



            And that's also assuming that the modifications you're making aren't reducing the accuracy of the personal data per Article 5... but I'm not sure why you'd want to update the data to be wrong.






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              No issue with how you modify the data. You still need to protect the original and modified data as personal data (though I know that's not your question).



              And that's also assuming that the modifications you're making aren't reducing the accuracy of the personal data per Article 5... but I'm not sure why you'd want to update the data to be wrong.






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                No issue with how you modify the data. You still need to protect the original and modified data as personal data (though I know that's not your question).



                And that's also assuming that the modifications you're making aren't reducing the accuracy of the personal data per Article 5... but I'm not sure why you'd want to update the data to be wrong.






                share|improve this answer













                No issue with how you modify the data. You still need to protect the original and modified data as personal data (though I know that's not your question).



                And that's also assuming that the modifications you're making aren't reducing the accuracy of the personal data per Article 5... but I'm not sure why you'd want to update the data to be wrong.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Nov 29 '18 at 3:54









                MikeMike

                1




                1



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Law Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2flaw.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f33463%2fmodify-a-client-file%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

                    Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

                    When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e