Is there any limitation with Arduino Nano serial communication distance?XBee+Arduino communication problemProblem connecting Arduino Uno with Wifi and NFCAbout arduino serial communicationWhat are the different types of high-speed serial data transfer protocols, and how do they work (ex: baudrate, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc)?Communicating Arduino with Intel GalileoModifying Arduino IMU library to rely on DSSCircuit's I2C Master LibraryLong Distance Communication with ArduinoRandom numbers being printed back after entering dataFlash an ESC Through Serial USB without Arduino Interrupting the SignalSuper-fast USB communication; how is it possible?

How to stop co-workers from teasing me because I know Russian?

How did Captain America manage to do this?

French for 'It must be my imagination'?

How to get a plain text file version of a CP/M .BAS (M-BASIC) program?

How can I place the product on a social media post better?

Does Gita support doctrine of eternal cycle of birth and death for evil people?

Why do games have consumables?

How to make a pipeline wait for end-of-file or stop after an error?

Can SQL Server create collisions in system generated constraint names?

Why does processed meat contain preservatives, while canned fish needs not?

Why isn't the definition of absolute value applied when squaring a radical containing a variable?

Reducing vertical space in stackrel

Why other Westeros houses don't use wildfire?

What makes accurate emulation of old systems a difficult task?

To say I met a person for the first time

How to have a sharp product image?

How come there are so many candidates for the 2020 Democratic party presidential nomination?

Packing rectangles: Does rotation ever help?

Realistic Necromancy?

What is the relationship between spectral sequences and obstruction theory?

Is the claim "Employers won't employ people with no 'social media presence'" realistic?

How to verbalise code in Mathematica?

Fizzy, soft, pop and still drinks

What is the strongest case that can be made in favour of the UK regaining some control over fishing policy after Brexit?



Is there any limitation with Arduino Nano serial communication distance?


XBee+Arduino communication problemProblem connecting Arduino Uno with Wifi and NFCAbout arduino serial communicationWhat are the different types of high-speed serial data transfer protocols, and how do they work (ex: baudrate, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc)?Communicating Arduino with Intel GalileoModifying Arduino IMU library to rely on DSSCircuit's I2C Master LibraryLong Distance Communication with ArduinoRandom numbers being printed back after entering dataFlash an ESC Through Serial USB without Arduino Interrupting the SignalSuper-fast USB communication; how is it possible?













1















I am trying to build Project which communicate multiple Arduino Nanos. I wanted to understand if Arudino Nano is capable of doing that, while doing research I came across post where it says communication with nano can be done up to 2-3 meter, where as my goal is up to 30 meter.



Project - I am trying intercom system, I have 4 Ring button at main gate, when user press any one of those 4 the Arduino will understand it and send to one of the 4 Arduino sitting at other place. Each Arduino will read that message if its for them they will perform activity if not they will skip it.



My problem is I am in selection mode and want know if Arduino Nano can handle that, communication is not that complex. It will be just sending 2/3 value max during communication. As I saw post of distance limitation, I just want get inputs from community. If you have any similar examples of serial communication between multiple Arduino Nano please let me know, I found several but it might save my time if I find something more similar.










share|improve this question









New contributor




user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
























    1















    I am trying to build Project which communicate multiple Arduino Nanos. I wanted to understand if Arudino Nano is capable of doing that, while doing research I came across post where it says communication with nano can be done up to 2-3 meter, where as my goal is up to 30 meter.



    Project - I am trying intercom system, I have 4 Ring button at main gate, when user press any one of those 4 the Arduino will understand it and send to one of the 4 Arduino sitting at other place. Each Arduino will read that message if its for them they will perform activity if not they will skip it.



    My problem is I am in selection mode and want know if Arduino Nano can handle that, communication is not that complex. It will be just sending 2/3 value max during communication. As I saw post of distance limitation, I just want get inputs from community. If you have any similar examples of serial communication between multiple Arduino Nano please let me know, I found several but it might save my time if I find something more similar.










    share|improve this question









    New contributor




    user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
    Check out our Code of Conduct.






















      1












      1








      1








      I am trying to build Project which communicate multiple Arduino Nanos. I wanted to understand if Arudino Nano is capable of doing that, while doing research I came across post where it says communication with nano can be done up to 2-3 meter, where as my goal is up to 30 meter.



      Project - I am trying intercom system, I have 4 Ring button at main gate, when user press any one of those 4 the Arduino will understand it and send to one of the 4 Arduino sitting at other place. Each Arduino will read that message if its for them they will perform activity if not they will skip it.



      My problem is I am in selection mode and want know if Arduino Nano can handle that, communication is not that complex. It will be just sending 2/3 value max during communication. As I saw post of distance limitation, I just want get inputs from community. If you have any similar examples of serial communication between multiple Arduino Nano please let me know, I found several but it might save my time if I find something more similar.










      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.












      I am trying to build Project which communicate multiple Arduino Nanos. I wanted to understand if Arudino Nano is capable of doing that, while doing research I came across post where it says communication with nano can be done up to 2-3 meter, where as my goal is up to 30 meter.



      Project - I am trying intercom system, I have 4 Ring button at main gate, when user press any one of those 4 the Arduino will understand it and send to one of the 4 Arduino sitting at other place. Each Arduino will read that message if its for them they will perform activity if not they will skip it.



      My problem is I am in selection mode and want know if Arduino Nano can handle that, communication is not that complex. It will be just sending 2/3 value max during communication. As I saw post of distance limitation, I just want get inputs from community. If you have any similar examples of serial communication between multiple Arduino Nano please let me know, I found several but it might save my time if I find something more similar.







      serial i2c






      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.











      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 1 hour ago









      VE7JRO

      1,74551222




      1,74551222






      New contributor




      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      asked 2 hours ago









      user73006user73006

      1083




      1083




      New contributor




      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.





      New contributor





      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.






      user73006 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          2














          For that sort of difference you are better using RS-485 instead of UART. UART is really only designed for short-distance communication.



          Converting UART to RS-232 will give an improvement, but switching to RS-485 instead will give you the ability to create a multi-drop bus for connecting more than two Arduinos together over a long distance.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            return StackExchange.using("schematics", function ()
            StackExchange.schematics.init();
            );
            , "cicuitlab");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "540"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );






            user73006 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2farduino.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f64896%2fis-there-any-limitation-with-arduino-nano-serial-communication-distance%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            2














            For that sort of difference you are better using RS-485 instead of UART. UART is really only designed for short-distance communication.



            Converting UART to RS-232 will give an improvement, but switching to RS-485 instead will give you the ability to create a multi-drop bus for connecting more than two Arduinos together over a long distance.






            share|improve this answer



























              2














              For that sort of difference you are better using RS-485 instead of UART. UART is really only designed for short-distance communication.



              Converting UART to RS-232 will give an improvement, but switching to RS-485 instead will give you the ability to create a multi-drop bus for connecting more than two Arduinos together over a long distance.






              share|improve this answer

























                2












                2








                2







                For that sort of difference you are better using RS-485 instead of UART. UART is really only designed for short-distance communication.



                Converting UART to RS-232 will give an improvement, but switching to RS-485 instead will give you the ability to create a multi-drop bus for connecting more than two Arduinos together over a long distance.






                share|improve this answer













                For that sort of difference you are better using RS-485 instead of UART. UART is really only designed for short-distance communication.



                Converting UART to RS-232 will give an improvement, but switching to RS-485 instead will give you the ability to create a multi-drop bus for connecting more than two Arduinos together over a long distance.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered 1 hour ago









                Majenko♦Majenko

                70.2k43379




                70.2k43379




















                    user73006 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









                    draft saved

                    draft discarded


















                    user73006 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












                    user73006 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











                    user73006 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Arduino Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2farduino.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f64896%2fis-there-any-limitation-with-arduino-nano-serial-communication-distance%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

                    Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

                    When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e