If a non-designated driver parks my rental-car when returning it is my insurance invalidated?Liability insurance requirements when renting a carIs it allowed for the driver to eat in the car? (not alcoholic)Who is liable when a turning car “interferes” with bicycle going straight? (Pennsylvania)Sharing car with provisional licence holder. Is it necessary to remove L plates when qualified driver is driving?Accident with borrowed car — whose insurance will apply to satisfy legal requirements?Responsibility for causing damage to someone else's car when there is no collisionWhat charges would a driver face after an unrestrained child dies in a car crash?Accident involving left turn into private drive and a passing vehicleHow do I get my car repaired when there was no formal contract?What is the point of administering prolonged field sobriety tests, and aren't the tasks unreasonable?

Is King K. Rool's down throw to up-special a true combo?

validation vs test vs training accuracy, which one to compare for claiming overfit?

Am I not good enough for you?

How could our ancestors have domesticated a solitary predator?

Can infringement of a trademark be pursued for using a company's name in a sentence?

Coworker uses her breast-pump everywhere in the office

What is the probability somebody's birthday is the day before mine?

Is going from continuous data to categorical always wrong?

Provisioning profile doesn't include the application-identifier and keychain-access-groups entitlements

US to Europe trip with Canada layover- is 52 minutes enough?

Silly Sally's Movie

When two POV characters meet

Is it ok to include an epilogue dedicated to colleagues who passed away in the end of the manuscript?

What is the dot in “1.2.4."

Is "history" a male-biased word ("his+story")?

Why don't MCU characters ever seem to have language issues?

Deleting missing values from a dataset

Can the druid cantrip Thorn Whip really defeat a water weird this easily?

What exactly is the purpose of connection links straped between the rocket and the launch pad

Format picture and text with TikZ and minipage

what does the apostrophe mean in this notation?

My story is written in English, but is set in my home country. What language should I use for the dialogue?

Is having access to past exams cheating and, if yes, could it be proven just by a good grade?

Is it illegal in Germany to take sick leave if you caused your own illness with food?



If a non-designated driver parks my rental-car when returning it is my insurance invalidated?


Liability insurance requirements when renting a carIs it allowed for the driver to eat in the car? (not alcoholic)Who is liable when a turning car “interferes” with bicycle going straight? (Pennsylvania)Sharing car with provisional licence holder. Is it necessary to remove L plates when qualified driver is driving?Accident with borrowed car — whose insurance will apply to satisfy legal requirements?Responsibility for causing damage to someone else's car when there is no collisionWhat charges would a driver face after an unrestrained child dies in a car crash?Accident involving left turn into private drive and a passing vehicleHow do I get my car repaired when there was no formal contract?What is the point of administering prolonged field sobriety tests, and aren't the tasks unreasonable?













0















While extending the rental period on my rental car my partner parked it for me. The rental company suspected this and grilled us on who has been driving the car during our trip for which I truthfully answered it's only been myself driving. The staff member then went outside without me and asked my partner if they had drove down from the city we had just come back from to which she responded yes (thinking they were asking if we had both driven down). After a bit of arguing and insisting I've been driving the car they told us we can go and we left with the car.



However I now fear my insurance will be invalidated should I get in an accident as even though I've been driving and have no intention of my partner driving there is very likely footage of my partner parking the car at the rental company which will likely surface should I have an accident.



Should I return the car early and find another company or am I overthinking this?









share







New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • This doesn't actually involve me personally, I'm telling the story in the first person for greater clarity/brevity.

    – Declan McKenna
    6 mins ago















0















While extending the rental period on my rental car my partner parked it for me. The rental company suspected this and grilled us on who has been driving the car during our trip for which I truthfully answered it's only been myself driving. The staff member then went outside without me and asked my partner if they had drove down from the city we had just come back from to which she responded yes (thinking they were asking if we had both driven down). After a bit of arguing and insisting I've been driving the car they told us we can go and we left with the car.



However I now fear my insurance will be invalidated should I get in an accident as even though I've been driving and have no intention of my partner driving there is very likely footage of my partner parking the car at the rental company which will likely surface should I have an accident.



Should I return the car early and find another company or am I overthinking this?









share







New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • This doesn't actually involve me personally, I'm telling the story in the first person for greater clarity/brevity.

    – Declan McKenna
    6 mins ago













0












0








0








While extending the rental period on my rental car my partner parked it for me. The rental company suspected this and grilled us on who has been driving the car during our trip for which I truthfully answered it's only been myself driving. The staff member then went outside without me and asked my partner if they had drove down from the city we had just come back from to which she responded yes (thinking they were asking if we had both driven down). After a bit of arguing and insisting I've been driving the car they told us we can go and we left with the car.



However I now fear my insurance will be invalidated should I get in an accident as even though I've been driving and have no intention of my partner driving there is very likely footage of my partner parking the car at the rental company which will likely surface should I have an accident.



Should I return the car early and find another company or am I overthinking this?









share







New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












While extending the rental period on my rental car my partner parked it for me. The rental company suspected this and grilled us on who has been driving the car during our trip for which I truthfully answered it's only been myself driving. The staff member then went outside without me and asked my partner if they had drove down from the city we had just come back from to which she responded yes (thinking they were asking if we had both driven down). After a bit of arguing and insisting I've been driving the car they told us we can go and we left with the car.



However I now fear my insurance will be invalidated should I get in an accident as even though I've been driving and have no intention of my partner driving there is very likely footage of my partner parking the car at the rental company which will likely surface should I have an accident.



Should I return the car early and find another company or am I overthinking this?







driving motor-vehicle





share







New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.










share







New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.








share



share






New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 7 mins ago









Declan McKennaDeclan McKenna

1011




1011




New contributor




Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






Declan McKenna is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • This doesn't actually involve me personally, I'm telling the story in the first person for greater clarity/brevity.

    – Declan McKenna
    6 mins ago

















  • This doesn't actually involve me personally, I'm telling the story in the first person for greater clarity/brevity.

    – Declan McKenna
    6 mins ago
















This doesn't actually involve me personally, I'm telling the story in the first person for greater clarity/brevity.

– Declan McKenna
6 mins ago





This doesn't actually involve me personally, I'm telling the story in the first person for greater clarity/brevity.

– Declan McKenna
6 mins ago










0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "617"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






Declan McKenna is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2flaw.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f38099%2fif-a-non-designated-driver-parks-my-rental-car-when-returning-it-is-my-insurance%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








Declan McKenna is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















Declan McKenna is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












Declan McKenna is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











Declan McKenna is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to Law Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2flaw.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f38099%2fif-a-non-designated-driver-parks-my-rental-car-when-returning-it-is-my-insurance%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e