Using “wallow” verb with objectAnswering a question with “Me” instead of “I” + <auxiliary verb>Transitive verbs VS intransitive verbsIn “Approval was given, and Ju's art displayed.” how can the transitive verb 'display' be used without an object?Confusion about “transitive and intransitive verbs”Usage of uppercase word instead of lower after dialogueTransitive or intransitive, that is questionA verb 'biodegrade' as transitive and intransitiveworry and worry aboutAre all transitive verbs intransitive too?How to differentiate between a transitive and intransitive verb?

Simulating rnorm() using runif()

Good allowance savings plan?

My story is written in English, but is set in my home country. What language should I use for the dialogue?

Brexit - No Deal Rejection

Schematic conventions for different supply rails

Ban on all campaign finance?

How could a scammer know the apps on my phone / iTunes account?

Theorems like the Lovász Local Lemma?

Bash replace string at multiple places in a file from command line

Is having access to past exams cheating and, if yes, could it be proven just by a good grade?

Why is a Java array index expression evaluated before checking if the array reference expression is null?

Is it true that real estate prices mainly go up?

Possible Leak In Concrete

Be in awe of my brilliance!

Where is the 1/8 CR apprentice in Volo's Guide to Monsters?

What is Thermal Runaway Protection?

Can anyone tell me why this program fails?

Bastion server: use TCP forwarding VS placing private key on server

Identifying the interval from A♭ to D♯

Instead of Universal Basic Income, why not Universal Basic NEEDS?

Why did it take so long to abandon sail after steamships were demonstrated?

Citation at the bottom for subfigures in beamer frame

Counting certain elements in lists

Function to parse .NET composite string format



Using “wallow” verb with object


Answering a question with “Me” instead of “I” + <auxiliary verb>Transitive verbs VS intransitive verbsIn “Approval was given, and Ju's art displayed.” how can the transitive verb 'display' be used without an object?Confusion about “transitive and intransitive verbs”Usage of uppercase word instead of lower after dialogueTransitive or intransitive, that is questionA verb 'biodegrade' as transitive and intransitiveworry and worry aboutAre all transitive verbs intransitive too?How to differentiate between a transitive and intransitive verb?













1















I see that wallow is an intransitive verb so it means that it should not be followed by an object.



But if I use wallow as:




Since that kid didn't get the ice-cream so she started wallowing on the road.




Is this sentence grammatically incorrect because now I am using it like a transitive verb?










share|improve this question
























  • You usually wallow around in something soft (water, mud), meaning flail your arms and legs, often trying (but failing) to move / make progress. I can't say your usage is "wrong", but it's a little unlikely (especially without around). I suspect thrashing about might be better for your context, especially given that wallowing around is something we say about pigs in their muddy / pig-shitty sties - with the strong implication that pigs really like doing this (mud-wallowing).

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago












  • ...but your example is no more "transitive" that He was crying [in the road, in his bedroom, wherever]. Of course, to cry can be transitive in Cry me a river or maybe even I cried buckets, but I can't easily see how to do that with to wallow.

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago







  • 1





    @pjj Wallow does not take an object there. The road is the object of the preposition on, not of the verb.

    – StoneyB
    2 hours ago











  • @StoneyB Thank you. Your comment is really really helpful. 3 questions/point - (1.) so does it make my sentence grammatically correct (2.) lets say it it is incorrect, but suppose I had "accidentally" used in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would it be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice? (3.) Could you please recommend some online resources to me where I can learn these concepts, how do I understand that "the road" was object of preposition "on", to me it looked like "on the road" was object.. please recommend...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago












  • @StoneyB I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago















1















I see that wallow is an intransitive verb so it means that it should not be followed by an object.



But if I use wallow as:




Since that kid didn't get the ice-cream so she started wallowing on the road.




Is this sentence grammatically incorrect because now I am using it like a transitive verb?










share|improve this question
























  • You usually wallow around in something soft (water, mud), meaning flail your arms and legs, often trying (but failing) to move / make progress. I can't say your usage is "wrong", but it's a little unlikely (especially without around). I suspect thrashing about might be better for your context, especially given that wallowing around is something we say about pigs in their muddy / pig-shitty sties - with the strong implication that pigs really like doing this (mud-wallowing).

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago












  • ...but your example is no more "transitive" that He was crying [in the road, in his bedroom, wherever]. Of course, to cry can be transitive in Cry me a river or maybe even I cried buckets, but I can't easily see how to do that with to wallow.

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago







  • 1





    @pjj Wallow does not take an object there. The road is the object of the preposition on, not of the verb.

    – StoneyB
    2 hours ago











  • @StoneyB Thank you. Your comment is really really helpful. 3 questions/point - (1.) so does it make my sentence grammatically correct (2.) lets say it it is incorrect, but suppose I had "accidentally" used in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would it be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice? (3.) Could you please recommend some online resources to me where I can learn these concepts, how do I understand that "the road" was object of preposition "on", to me it looked like "on the road" was object.. please recommend...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago












  • @StoneyB I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago













1












1








1


1






I see that wallow is an intransitive verb so it means that it should not be followed by an object.



But if I use wallow as:




Since that kid didn't get the ice-cream so she started wallowing on the road.




Is this sentence grammatically incorrect because now I am using it like a transitive verb?










share|improve this question
















I see that wallow is an intransitive verb so it means that it should not be followed by an object.



But if I use wallow as:




Since that kid didn't get the ice-cream so she started wallowing on the road.




Is this sentence grammatically incorrect because now I am using it like a transitive verb?







grammar transitivity






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 2 hours ago









Lucian Sava

9,125113175




9,125113175










asked 3 hours ago









pjjpjj

1253




1253












  • You usually wallow around in something soft (water, mud), meaning flail your arms and legs, often trying (but failing) to move / make progress. I can't say your usage is "wrong", but it's a little unlikely (especially without around). I suspect thrashing about might be better for your context, especially given that wallowing around is something we say about pigs in their muddy / pig-shitty sties - with the strong implication that pigs really like doing this (mud-wallowing).

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago












  • ...but your example is no more "transitive" that He was crying [in the road, in his bedroom, wherever]. Of course, to cry can be transitive in Cry me a river or maybe even I cried buckets, but I can't easily see how to do that with to wallow.

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago







  • 1





    @pjj Wallow does not take an object there. The road is the object of the preposition on, not of the verb.

    – StoneyB
    2 hours ago











  • @StoneyB Thank you. Your comment is really really helpful. 3 questions/point - (1.) so does it make my sentence grammatically correct (2.) lets say it it is incorrect, but suppose I had "accidentally" used in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would it be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice? (3.) Could you please recommend some online resources to me where I can learn these concepts, how do I understand that "the road" was object of preposition "on", to me it looked like "on the road" was object.. please recommend...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago












  • @StoneyB I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago

















  • You usually wallow around in something soft (water, mud), meaning flail your arms and legs, often trying (but failing) to move / make progress. I can't say your usage is "wrong", but it's a little unlikely (especially without around). I suspect thrashing about might be better for your context, especially given that wallowing around is something we say about pigs in their muddy / pig-shitty sties - with the strong implication that pigs really like doing this (mud-wallowing).

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago












  • ...but your example is no more "transitive" that He was crying [in the road, in his bedroom, wherever]. Of course, to cry can be transitive in Cry me a river or maybe even I cried buckets, but I can't easily see how to do that with to wallow.

    – FumbleFingers
    2 hours ago







  • 1





    @pjj Wallow does not take an object there. The road is the object of the preposition on, not of the verb.

    – StoneyB
    2 hours ago











  • @StoneyB Thank you. Your comment is really really helpful. 3 questions/point - (1.) so does it make my sentence grammatically correct (2.) lets say it it is incorrect, but suppose I had "accidentally" used in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would it be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice? (3.) Could you please recommend some online resources to me where I can learn these concepts, how do I understand that "the road" was object of preposition "on", to me it looked like "on the road" was object.. please recommend...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago












  • @StoneyB I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago
















You usually wallow around in something soft (water, mud), meaning flail your arms and legs, often trying (but failing) to move / make progress. I can't say your usage is "wrong", but it's a little unlikely (especially without around). I suspect thrashing about might be better for your context, especially given that wallowing around is something we say about pigs in their muddy / pig-shitty sties - with the strong implication that pigs really like doing this (mud-wallowing).

– FumbleFingers
2 hours ago






You usually wallow around in something soft (water, mud), meaning flail your arms and legs, often trying (but failing) to move / make progress. I can't say your usage is "wrong", but it's a little unlikely (especially without around). I suspect thrashing about might be better for your context, especially given that wallowing around is something we say about pigs in their muddy / pig-shitty sties - with the strong implication that pigs really like doing this (mud-wallowing).

– FumbleFingers
2 hours ago














...but your example is no more "transitive" that He was crying [in the road, in his bedroom, wherever]. Of course, to cry can be transitive in Cry me a river or maybe even I cried buckets, but I can't easily see how to do that with to wallow.

– FumbleFingers
2 hours ago






...but your example is no more "transitive" that He was crying [in the road, in his bedroom, wherever]. Of course, to cry can be transitive in Cry me a river or maybe even I cried buckets, but I can't easily see how to do that with to wallow.

– FumbleFingers
2 hours ago





1




1





@pjj Wallow does not take an object there. The road is the object of the preposition on, not of the verb.

– StoneyB
2 hours ago





@pjj Wallow does not take an object there. The road is the object of the preposition on, not of the verb.

– StoneyB
2 hours ago













@StoneyB Thank you. Your comment is really really helpful. 3 questions/point - (1.) so does it make my sentence grammatically correct (2.) lets say it it is incorrect, but suppose I had "accidentally" used in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would it be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice? (3.) Could you please recommend some online resources to me where I can learn these concepts, how do I understand that "the road" was object of preposition "on", to me it looked like "on the road" was object.. please recommend...

– pjj
2 hours ago






@StoneyB Thank you. Your comment is really really helpful. 3 questions/point - (1.) so does it make my sentence grammatically correct (2.) lets say it it is incorrect, but suppose I had "accidentally" used in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would it be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice? (3.) Could you please recommend some online resources to me where I can learn these concepts, how do I understand that "the road" was object of preposition "on", to me it looked like "on the road" was object.. please recommend...

– pjj
2 hours ago














@StoneyB I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar...

– pjj
2 hours ago





@StoneyB I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar...

– pjj
2 hours ago










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes


















3














To physically wallow in something is to partly sink the body into something: water, mud, sand, dirt, etc. Figuratively one can wallow in an emotion such as self-pity, or in luxury, comfort, etc. There is a strong implication, for humans, of laziness (good or bad). Wallowing on a road does not make sense, because we do not use 'on' after 'wallow'.



Wallow






share|improve this answer

























  • Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

    – pjj
    2 hours ago











  • And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

    – pjj
    2 hours ago











  • Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago











  • @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

    – Michael Harvey
    1 hour ago


















2














You are not making it transitive. There is simply a prepositional phrase acting as an adverbial of location. There is no object for wallow, you're just saying where they are wallowing.



However, one does not wallow on anything. You wallow in things, either literally (mud, water, or even champagne) or metaphorically (emotions like self-doubt, guilt, or angst, for instance, or champagne - that one is more usually metaphorical than literal). It actually comes from how some animals live, keeping themselves partly submerged for much of the time, like pigs or hippos.



You could wallow on something as long as you were also wallowing in something, where the on might give an idea of broader location - so if we ever have pigs on the moon, we might say "the pigs wallowed in mud on the moon".




In case you are wandering about the "wallowing in champagne" thing, that could happen literally - if someone had enough money and wanted to do it, they could fill a large, shallow container with champagne and frolic in it. However, it is used metaphorically just to indicate flagrant and wasteful luxury. Not to suggest that people have a paddling pool full of champagne.






share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer








    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "481"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: false,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: null,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    noCode: true, onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fell.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f200565%2fusing-wallow-verb-with-object%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    3














    To physically wallow in something is to partly sink the body into something: water, mud, sand, dirt, etc. Figuratively one can wallow in an emotion such as self-pity, or in luxury, comfort, etc. There is a strong implication, for humans, of laziness (good or bad). Wallowing on a road does not make sense, because we do not use 'on' after 'wallow'.



    Wallow






    share|improve this answer

























    • Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

      – Michael Harvey
      1 hour ago















    3














    To physically wallow in something is to partly sink the body into something: water, mud, sand, dirt, etc. Figuratively one can wallow in an emotion such as self-pity, or in luxury, comfort, etc. There is a strong implication, for humans, of laziness (good or bad). Wallowing on a road does not make sense, because we do not use 'on' after 'wallow'.



    Wallow






    share|improve this answer

























    • Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

      – Michael Harvey
      1 hour ago













    3












    3








    3







    To physically wallow in something is to partly sink the body into something: water, mud, sand, dirt, etc. Figuratively one can wallow in an emotion such as self-pity, or in luxury, comfort, etc. There is a strong implication, for humans, of laziness (good or bad). Wallowing on a road does not make sense, because we do not use 'on' after 'wallow'.



    Wallow






    share|improve this answer















    To physically wallow in something is to partly sink the body into something: water, mud, sand, dirt, etc. Figuratively one can wallow in an emotion such as self-pity, or in luxury, comfort, etc. There is a strong implication, for humans, of laziness (good or bad). Wallowing on a road does not make sense, because we do not use 'on' after 'wallow'.



    Wallow







    share|improve this answer














    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer








    edited 49 mins ago

























    answered 2 hours ago









    Michael HarveyMichael Harvey

    16.5k11836




    16.5k11836












    • Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

      – Michael Harvey
      1 hour ago

















    • Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

      – pjj
      2 hours ago











    • @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

      – Michael Harvey
      1 hour ago
















    Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

    – pjj
    2 hours ago





    Ok. Suppose I use in an English essay writing exam (lets say ILETS or toefl) then would be considered as grammatically incorrect or it is too trivial to be notice?

    – pjj
    2 hours ago













    And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

    – pjj
    2 hours ago





    And one more question - the way I have used wallow in the example in my question, that particular usage is showing after "wallow" an object is there, right?

    – pjj
    2 hours ago













    Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago





    Yes, I want to understand how to check whether verb is used transitively or intransitively.. basically understanding whether verb has object or not... I am not a native English user so please don't mind my ignorance towards English grammar... If you could recommend some good online learning resources then it would be helpful...

    – pjj
    2 hours ago













    @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

    – Michael Harvey
    1 hour ago





    @pjj - wallow 'on' is never right. When you wallow you sink into something.

    – Michael Harvey
    1 hour ago













    2














    You are not making it transitive. There is simply a prepositional phrase acting as an adverbial of location. There is no object for wallow, you're just saying where they are wallowing.



    However, one does not wallow on anything. You wallow in things, either literally (mud, water, or even champagne) or metaphorically (emotions like self-doubt, guilt, or angst, for instance, or champagne - that one is more usually metaphorical than literal). It actually comes from how some animals live, keeping themselves partly submerged for much of the time, like pigs or hippos.



    You could wallow on something as long as you were also wallowing in something, where the on might give an idea of broader location - so if we ever have pigs on the moon, we might say "the pigs wallowed in mud on the moon".




    In case you are wandering about the "wallowing in champagne" thing, that could happen literally - if someone had enough money and wanted to do it, they could fill a large, shallow container with champagne and frolic in it. However, it is used metaphorically just to indicate flagrant and wasteful luxury. Not to suggest that people have a paddling pool full of champagne.






    share|improve this answer



























      2














      You are not making it transitive. There is simply a prepositional phrase acting as an adverbial of location. There is no object for wallow, you're just saying where they are wallowing.



      However, one does not wallow on anything. You wallow in things, either literally (mud, water, or even champagne) or metaphorically (emotions like self-doubt, guilt, or angst, for instance, or champagne - that one is more usually metaphorical than literal). It actually comes from how some animals live, keeping themselves partly submerged for much of the time, like pigs or hippos.



      You could wallow on something as long as you were also wallowing in something, where the on might give an idea of broader location - so if we ever have pigs on the moon, we might say "the pigs wallowed in mud on the moon".




      In case you are wandering about the "wallowing in champagne" thing, that could happen literally - if someone had enough money and wanted to do it, they could fill a large, shallow container with champagne and frolic in it. However, it is used metaphorically just to indicate flagrant and wasteful luxury. Not to suggest that people have a paddling pool full of champagne.






      share|improve this answer

























        2












        2








        2







        You are not making it transitive. There is simply a prepositional phrase acting as an adverbial of location. There is no object for wallow, you're just saying where they are wallowing.



        However, one does not wallow on anything. You wallow in things, either literally (mud, water, or even champagne) or metaphorically (emotions like self-doubt, guilt, or angst, for instance, or champagne - that one is more usually metaphorical than literal). It actually comes from how some animals live, keeping themselves partly submerged for much of the time, like pigs or hippos.



        You could wallow on something as long as you were also wallowing in something, where the on might give an idea of broader location - so if we ever have pigs on the moon, we might say "the pigs wallowed in mud on the moon".




        In case you are wandering about the "wallowing in champagne" thing, that could happen literally - if someone had enough money and wanted to do it, they could fill a large, shallow container with champagne and frolic in it. However, it is used metaphorically just to indicate flagrant and wasteful luxury. Not to suggest that people have a paddling pool full of champagne.






        share|improve this answer













        You are not making it transitive. There is simply a prepositional phrase acting as an adverbial of location. There is no object for wallow, you're just saying where they are wallowing.



        However, one does not wallow on anything. You wallow in things, either literally (mud, water, or even champagne) or metaphorically (emotions like self-doubt, guilt, or angst, for instance, or champagne - that one is more usually metaphorical than literal). It actually comes from how some animals live, keeping themselves partly submerged for much of the time, like pigs or hippos.



        You could wallow on something as long as you were also wallowing in something, where the on might give an idea of broader location - so if we ever have pigs on the moon, we might say "the pigs wallowed in mud on the moon".




        In case you are wandering about the "wallowing in champagne" thing, that could happen literally - if someone had enough money and wanted to do it, they could fill a large, shallow container with champagne and frolic in it. However, it is used metaphorically just to indicate flagrant and wasteful luxury. Not to suggest that people have a paddling pool full of champagne.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered 25 mins ago









        SamBCSamBC

        11.3k1541




        11.3k1541



























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language Learners Stack Exchange!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fell.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f200565%2fusing-wallow-verb-with-object%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

            Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

            When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e