Is it wise to focus on putting odd beats on left when playing double bass drums?What does the tie across other different notes mean?How to improve right hand picking/strumming technique for electric and acoustic guitar?How fast is the BPM should you start to use double bass pedal?Alternative or more advanced methods for counting rhythmsLost direction in practicing drumsIs there any way at all to tell if these measures are 6/4 vs. 3/2?Why is alberti bass so tiring?How does 'meter' differ from 'rhythm' in music?Rhythm question about piano sheet notationWhy is Bach's Cello Suite 1 written in 16th notes

Is every set a filtered colimit of finite sets?

Calculate Levenshtein distance between two strings in Python

I’m planning on buying a laser printer but concerned about the life cycle of toner in the machine

COUNT(*) or MAX(id) - which is faster?

Is ipsum/ipsa/ipse a third person pronoun, or can it serve other functions?

Why was the "bread communication" in the arena of Catching Fire left out in the movie?

Does bootstrapped regression allow for inference?

How would photo IDs work for shapeshifters?

Why do UK politicians seemingly ignore opinion polls on Brexit?

What do the Banks children have against barley water?

How to deal with fear of taking dependencies

Can I legally use front facing blue light in the UK?

Does a dangling wire really electrocute me if I'm standing in water?

Can a planet have a different gravitational pull depending on its location in orbit around its sun?

Is "plugging out" electronic devices an American expression?

How to move the player while also allowing forces to affect it

Why did the Germans forbid the possession of pet pigeons in Rostov-on-Don in 1941?

Patience, young "Padovan"

Where else does the Shulchan Aruch quote an authority by name?

Does the average primeness of natural numbers tend to zero?

Crop image to path created in TikZ?

What causes the sudden spool-up sound from an F-16 when enabling afterburner?

Is domain driven design an anti-SQL pattern?

Email Account under attack (really) - anything I can do?



Is it wise to focus on putting odd beats on left when playing double bass drums?


What does the tie across other different notes mean?How to improve right hand picking/strumming technique for electric and acoustic guitar?How fast is the BPM should you start to use double bass pedal?Alternative or more advanced methods for counting rhythmsLost direction in practicing drumsIs there any way at all to tell if these measures are 6/4 vs. 3/2?Why is alberti bass so tiring?How does 'meter' differ from 'rhythm' in music?Rhythm question about piano sheet notationWhy is Bach's Cello Suite 1 written in 16th notes













2















I need to learn two double bass drum patterns:



enter image description here



enter image description here



The first one is just repeated over and over again. The second repeats the first measure and then repeats the second measure.



My question is about how I should approach this. There are two extreme ways:



  1. Play all even 16ths with my right and all odd with my left

  2. Play every other note with my left

And of course there's everything in between. For instance in the first pattern, I have tried using RRRLRRLRLR. And in the second bar in the second pattern I don't really need the left foot at all. The only benefit would be to make it easier to focus the right foot on keeping the pulse. Assume that I cannot do two 16th in a row with any foot. I'm not skilled enough in heel toe technique and I don't have the option to buy a suitable pedal or tweak the existing ones.



So how should I approach this? Which beats should go on my right and left?










share|improve this question




























    2















    I need to learn two double bass drum patterns:



    enter image description here



    enter image description here



    The first one is just repeated over and over again. The second repeats the first measure and then repeats the second measure.



    My question is about how I should approach this. There are two extreme ways:



    1. Play all even 16ths with my right and all odd with my left

    2. Play every other note with my left

    And of course there's everything in between. For instance in the first pattern, I have tried using RRRLRRLRLR. And in the second bar in the second pattern I don't really need the left foot at all. The only benefit would be to make it easier to focus the right foot on keeping the pulse. Assume that I cannot do two 16th in a row with any foot. I'm not skilled enough in heel toe technique and I don't have the option to buy a suitable pedal or tweak the existing ones.



    So how should I approach this? Which beats should go on my right and left?










    share|improve this question


























      2












      2








      2








      I need to learn two double bass drum patterns:



      enter image description here



      enter image description here



      The first one is just repeated over and over again. The second repeats the first measure and then repeats the second measure.



      My question is about how I should approach this. There are two extreme ways:



      1. Play all even 16ths with my right and all odd with my left

      2. Play every other note with my left

      And of course there's everything in between. For instance in the first pattern, I have tried using RRRLRRLRLR. And in the second bar in the second pattern I don't really need the left foot at all. The only benefit would be to make it easier to focus the right foot on keeping the pulse. Assume that I cannot do two 16th in a row with any foot. I'm not skilled enough in heel toe technique and I don't have the option to buy a suitable pedal or tweak the existing ones.



      So how should I approach this? Which beats should go on my right and left?










      share|improve this question
















      I need to learn two double bass drum patterns:



      enter image description here



      enter image description here



      The first one is just repeated over and over again. The second repeats the first measure and then repeats the second measure.



      My question is about how I should approach this. There are two extreme ways:



      1. Play all even 16ths with my right and all odd with my left

      2. Play every other note with my left

      And of course there's everything in between. For instance in the first pattern, I have tried using RRRLRRLRLR. And in the second bar in the second pattern I don't really need the left foot at all. The only benefit would be to make it easier to focus the right foot on keeping the pulse. Assume that I cannot do two 16th in a row with any foot. I'm not skilled enough in heel toe technique and I don't have the option to buy a suitable pedal or tweak the existing ones.



      So how should I approach this? Which beats should go on my right and left?







      technique learning rhythm drums






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 6 hours ago







      Broman

















      asked 8 hours ago









      BromanBroman

      44313




      44313




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          4














          My first thought is do it the way that is most comfortable to you.



          However, It can't hurt to learn it every way you can think of. Reason being it will help you down the line when some odd rhythm is put in front of you.



          Practicing it different ways will help you be more versatile if you really work at it or it will allow you to find some weak spots in your playing, which you will then be aware of and can avoid it in the future.






          share|improve this answer






























            1














            I think a good practical rule of thumb is to...



            • use your dominant foot as much as possible, including syncopated patterns,

            • and, avoid using your non-dominant foot on strong beats.

            So, personally, I would play them as:



            1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + |1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
            R R RL R R LRLR
            R R R R R RLRL|R R R R R R



            Why? Because your dominant foot is already accustomed to playing syncopated patterns on the bass drum, so you may as well use it whenever possible.






            share|improve this answer























              Your Answer








              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "240"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
              convertImagesToLinks: false,
              noModals: true,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: null,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              imageUploader:
              brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
              contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
              allowUrls: true
              ,
              noCode: true, onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













              draft saved

              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fmusic.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f82522%2fis-it-wise-to-focus-on-putting-odd-beats-on-left-when-playing-double-bass-drums%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest















              Required, but never shown

























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes









              4














              My first thought is do it the way that is most comfortable to you.



              However, It can't hurt to learn it every way you can think of. Reason being it will help you down the line when some odd rhythm is put in front of you.



              Practicing it different ways will help you be more versatile if you really work at it or it will allow you to find some weak spots in your playing, which you will then be aware of and can avoid it in the future.






              share|improve this answer



























                4














                My first thought is do it the way that is most comfortable to you.



                However, It can't hurt to learn it every way you can think of. Reason being it will help you down the line when some odd rhythm is put in front of you.



                Practicing it different ways will help you be more versatile if you really work at it or it will allow you to find some weak spots in your playing, which you will then be aware of and can avoid it in the future.






                share|improve this answer

























                  4












                  4








                  4







                  My first thought is do it the way that is most comfortable to you.



                  However, It can't hurt to learn it every way you can think of. Reason being it will help you down the line when some odd rhythm is put in front of you.



                  Practicing it different ways will help you be more versatile if you really work at it or it will allow you to find some weak spots in your playing, which you will then be aware of and can avoid it in the future.






                  share|improve this answer













                  My first thought is do it the way that is most comfortable to you.



                  However, It can't hurt to learn it every way you can think of. Reason being it will help you down the line when some odd rhythm is put in front of you.



                  Practicing it different ways will help you be more versatile if you really work at it or it will allow you to find some weak spots in your playing, which you will then be aware of and can avoid it in the future.







                  share|improve this answer












                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer










                  answered 5 hours ago









                  b3kob3ko

                  4,7761121




                  4,7761121





















                      1














                      I think a good practical rule of thumb is to...



                      • use your dominant foot as much as possible, including syncopated patterns,

                      • and, avoid using your non-dominant foot on strong beats.

                      So, personally, I would play them as:



                      1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + |1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
                      R R RL R R LRLR
                      R R R R R RLRL|R R R R R R



                      Why? Because your dominant foot is already accustomed to playing syncopated patterns on the bass drum, so you may as well use it whenever possible.






                      share|improve this answer



























                        1














                        I think a good practical rule of thumb is to...



                        • use your dominant foot as much as possible, including syncopated patterns,

                        • and, avoid using your non-dominant foot on strong beats.

                        So, personally, I would play them as:



                        1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + |1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
                        R R RL R R LRLR
                        R R R R R RLRL|R R R R R R



                        Why? Because your dominant foot is already accustomed to playing syncopated patterns on the bass drum, so you may as well use it whenever possible.






                        share|improve this answer

























                          1












                          1








                          1







                          I think a good practical rule of thumb is to...



                          • use your dominant foot as much as possible, including syncopated patterns,

                          • and, avoid using your non-dominant foot on strong beats.

                          So, personally, I would play them as:



                          1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + |1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
                          R R RL R R LRLR
                          R R R R R RLRL|R R R R R R



                          Why? Because your dominant foot is already accustomed to playing syncopated patterns on the bass drum, so you may as well use it whenever possible.






                          share|improve this answer













                          I think a good practical rule of thumb is to...



                          • use your dominant foot as much as possible, including syncopated patterns,

                          • and, avoid using your non-dominant foot on strong beats.

                          So, personally, I would play them as:



                          1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + |1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
                          R R RL R R LRLR
                          R R R R R RLRL|R R R R R R



                          Why? Because your dominant foot is already accustomed to playing syncopated patterns on the bass drum, so you may as well use it whenever possible.







                          share|improve this answer












                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer










                          answered 1 hour ago









                          ibonyunibonyun

                          212




                          212



























                              draft saved

                              draft discarded
















































                              Thanks for contributing an answer to Music: Practice & Theory Stack Exchange!


                              • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                              But avoid …


                              • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                              • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                              To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fmusic.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f82522%2fis-it-wise-to-focus-on-putting-odd-beats-on-left-when-playing-double-bass-drums%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest















                              Required, but never shown





















































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown

































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown







                              Popular posts from this blog

                              Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

                              Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

                              When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e