US visa is under administrative processing, I need the passport back ASAPHow can a visa refusal affect my future travel plans?F1 Visa approved but passport given back without stampingUK tourist visa after US tourist visa refusal under 214 (b)221(g) Administrative Processing: Is this a “refusal/denial?”B1/B2 visa application stuck on Pending Administrative Processing. What should I expect?Administrative Review result mail - Visa Tier 4 StudentFrench visa processing location and public holidaysApplying for a US visa in Japan with a Japanese visa expiring soonUrgently request passport back from US embassy without visa. Processing time?Will applying for ITIN can have bad consequences on my future US visa applications?

How to make a pipeline wait for end-of-file or stop after an error?

Is the 5 MB static resource size limit 5,242,880 bytes or 5,000,000 bytes?

How does a program know if stdout is connected to a terminal or a pipe?

Can I spend a night at Vancouver then take a flight to my college in Toronto as an international student?

Can SQL Server create collisions in system generated constraint names?

US visa is under administrative processing, I need the passport back ASAP

Will tsunami waves travel forever if there was no land?

Does Gita support doctrine of eternal cycle of birth and death for evil people?

Is this homebrew Wind Wave spell balanced?

Why do games have consumables?

How did Captain America manage to do this?

Minor Revision with suggestion of an alternative proof by reviewer

Map of water taps to fill bottles

How to get a plain text file version of a CP/M .BAS (M-BASIC) program?

Phrase for the opposite of "foolproof"

What are the potential pitfalls when using metals as a currency?

Was there a Viking Exchange as well as a Columbian one?

In order to check if a field is required or not, is the result of isNillable method sufficient?

Is the claim "Employers won't employ people with no 'social media presence'" realistic?

Rivers without rain

How would one muzzle a full grown polar bear in the 13th century?

What language was spoken in East Asia before Proto-Turkic?

What's the polite way to say "I need to urinate"?

What is the strongest case that can be made in favour of the UK regaining some control over fishing policy after Brexit?



US visa is under administrative processing, I need the passport back ASAP


How can a visa refusal affect my future travel plans?F1 Visa approved but passport given back without stampingUK tourist visa after US tourist visa refusal under 214 (b)221(g) Administrative Processing: Is this a “refusal/denial?”B1/B2 visa application stuck on Pending Administrative Processing. What should I expect?Administrative Review result mail - Visa Tier 4 StudentFrench visa processing location and public holidaysApplying for a US visa in Japan with a Japanese visa expiring soonUrgently request passport back from US embassy without visa. Processing time?Will applying for ITIN can have bad consequences on my future US visa applications?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








8















I have applied for non-immigrant US visa in a foreign country, but my visa processing is delayed and its under "administrative processing". I have my flight back to my home country and I cannot leave the country without my passport. What are my options here? From my understanding (1) I can try to wait it out until I do get my passport back and then go back home. (2) Is there a way I can refuse the visa and just ask for my passport back and how bad will it look on my future visa applications to the US?



Again, from my understanding, this is not exactly 221(g), since its not a direct refusal, so I won't have to bring it up when asked "have you been declined US visa before?" in my future applications. However, I'm assuming this failed application will stay in the system, so will it look bad at all or will it have no effect on future applications?










share|improve this question






























    8















    I have applied for non-immigrant US visa in a foreign country, but my visa processing is delayed and its under "administrative processing". I have my flight back to my home country and I cannot leave the country without my passport. What are my options here? From my understanding (1) I can try to wait it out until I do get my passport back and then go back home. (2) Is there a way I can refuse the visa and just ask for my passport back and how bad will it look on my future visa applications to the US?



    Again, from my understanding, this is not exactly 221(g), since its not a direct refusal, so I won't have to bring it up when asked "have you been declined US visa before?" in my future applications. However, I'm assuming this failed application will stay in the system, so will it look bad at all or will it have no effect on future applications?










    share|improve this question


























      8












      8








      8








      I have applied for non-immigrant US visa in a foreign country, but my visa processing is delayed and its under "administrative processing". I have my flight back to my home country and I cannot leave the country without my passport. What are my options here? From my understanding (1) I can try to wait it out until I do get my passport back and then go back home. (2) Is there a way I can refuse the visa and just ask for my passport back and how bad will it look on my future visa applications to the US?



      Again, from my understanding, this is not exactly 221(g), since its not a direct refusal, so I won't have to bring it up when asked "have you been declined US visa before?" in my future applications. However, I'm assuming this failed application will stay in the system, so will it look bad at all or will it have no effect on future applications?










      share|improve this question
















      I have applied for non-immigrant US visa in a foreign country, but my visa processing is delayed and its under "administrative processing". I have my flight back to my home country and I cannot leave the country without my passport. What are my options here? From my understanding (1) I can try to wait it out until I do get my passport back and then go back home. (2) Is there a way I can refuse the visa and just ask for my passport back and how bad will it look on my future visa applications to the US?



      Again, from my understanding, this is not exactly 221(g), since its not a direct refusal, so I won't have to bring it up when asked "have you been declined US visa before?" in my future applications. However, I'm assuming this failed application will stay in the system, so will it look bad at all or will it have no effect on future applications?







      visas usa passports application-status us-visa






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 9 mins ago









      Traveller

      11.9k11948




      11.9k11948










      asked 5 hours ago









      nikolaevranikolaevra

      484




      484




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          4














          Contact the consulate immediately and request that your passport be returned. The letter you got when your application was put into administrative processing should have the correct contact information. Otherwise check the US embassy website for your country for contact information. You also could have (and possibly should have) requested it to be returned at your interview.



          This does not necessarily cause your application to fail. When administrative processing is complete, the consulate will contact you to resubmit your passport to receive the visa (if you are approved).



          You can check your visa application status in CEAC.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer








            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "273"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            noCode: true, onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f137434%2fus-visa-is-under-administrative-processing-i-need-the-passport-back-asap%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            4














            Contact the consulate immediately and request that your passport be returned. The letter you got when your application was put into administrative processing should have the correct contact information. Otherwise check the US embassy website for your country for contact information. You also could have (and possibly should have) requested it to be returned at your interview.



            This does not necessarily cause your application to fail. When administrative processing is complete, the consulate will contact you to resubmit your passport to receive the visa (if you are approved).



            You can check your visa application status in CEAC.






            share|improve this answer



























              4














              Contact the consulate immediately and request that your passport be returned. The letter you got when your application was put into administrative processing should have the correct contact information. Otherwise check the US embassy website for your country for contact information. You also could have (and possibly should have) requested it to be returned at your interview.



              This does not necessarily cause your application to fail. When administrative processing is complete, the consulate will contact you to resubmit your passport to receive the visa (if you are approved).



              You can check your visa application status in CEAC.






              share|improve this answer

























                4












                4








                4







                Contact the consulate immediately and request that your passport be returned. The letter you got when your application was put into administrative processing should have the correct contact information. Otherwise check the US embassy website for your country for contact information. You also could have (and possibly should have) requested it to be returned at your interview.



                This does not necessarily cause your application to fail. When administrative processing is complete, the consulate will contact you to resubmit your passport to receive the visa (if you are approved).



                You can check your visa application status in CEAC.






                share|improve this answer













                Contact the consulate immediately and request that your passport be returned. The letter you got when your application was put into administrative processing should have the correct contact information. Otherwise check the US embassy website for your country for contact information. You also could have (and possibly should have) requested it to be returned at your interview.



                This does not necessarily cause your application to fail. When administrative processing is complete, the consulate will contact you to resubmit your passport to receive the visa (if you are approved).



                You can check your visa application status in CEAC.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered 54 mins ago









                Michael HamptonMichael Hampton

                38.9k386171




                38.9k386171



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Travel Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f137434%2fus-visa-is-under-administrative-processing-i-need-the-passport-back-asap%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

                    Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

                    When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e