Visualizing the difference curve in a 2D plot?Copying each object in a plot separately as an imageregion plot in a 2-simplexWhy is Chop ignored in Plot?How can I plot a 3-variables function to identify the neutral surface and a regionPlot a curve on a latticeHelp plot with horizontal fillingHow to improve this plot?Plot data with different confidence intervalsGetting the coordinates of a specific point out of a plotDifferent shades of the same colour in one plot

Showing mass murder in a kid's book

How much do grades matter for a future academia position?

Limit max CPU usage SQL SERVER with WSRM

Why do Radio Buttons not fill the entire outer circle?

What's the name of the logical fallacy where a debater extends a statement far beyond the original statement to make it true?

What does "tick" mean in this sentence?

Deciphering cause of death?

Do you waste sorcery points if you try to apply metamagic to a spell from a scroll but fail to cast it?

Why is participating in the European Parliamentary elections used as a threat?

"Oh no!" in Latin

Do I have to know the General Relativity theory to understand the concept of inertial frame?

Why can't the Brexit deadlock in the UK parliament be solved with a plurality vote?

Why is the Sun approximated as a black body at ~ 5800 K?

Is there a reason to prefer HFS+ over APFS for disk images in High Sierra and/or Mojave?

How would you translate "more" for use as an interface button?

Can I say "fingers" when referring to toes?

How do I fix the group tension caused by my character stealing and possibly killing without provocation?

How to preserve electronics (computers, iPads and phones) for hundreds of years

Pre-Employment Background Check With Consent For Future Checks

How to reduce predictors the right way for a logistic regression model

What is the meaning of "You've never met a graph you didn't like?"

Usage of an old photo with expired copyright

How can I safely use "Thalidomide" in my novel while respecting the trademark?

How do I tell my boss that I'm quitting in 15 days (a colleague left this week)



Visualizing the difference curve in a 2D plot?


Copying each object in a plot separately as an imageregion plot in a 2-simplexWhy is Chop ignored in Plot?How can I plot a 3-variables function to identify the neutral surface and a regionPlot a curve on a latticeHelp plot with horizontal fillingHow to improve this plot?Plot data with different confidence intervalsGetting the coordinates of a specific point out of a plotDifferent shades of the same colour in one plot













2












$begingroup$


I have two functions $f(x,y)$ and $g(x,y)$. I wish to perform two tasks on a 2-dimensional figure:



  1. Plot the curve where each point satisfies $f(x,y)=g(x,y)$.


  2. Mark one side of the curve with red.


I tried to use Plot3D like the following



myfunc[x_, y_]:= If[f[x, y] < g(x, y), 1,0];
Plot3D[myfunc[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]


It gives what I expected, but how can I do this in a 2D plot?










share|improve this question











$endgroup$
















    2












    $begingroup$


    I have two functions $f(x,y)$ and $g(x,y)$. I wish to perform two tasks on a 2-dimensional figure:



    1. Plot the curve where each point satisfies $f(x,y)=g(x,y)$.


    2. Mark one side of the curve with red.


    I tried to use Plot3D like the following



    myfunc[x_, y_]:= If[f[x, y] < g(x, y), 1,0];
    Plot3D[myfunc[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]


    It gives what I expected, but how can I do this in a 2D plot?










    share|improve this question











    $endgroup$














      2












      2








      2





      $begingroup$


      I have two functions $f(x,y)$ and $g(x,y)$. I wish to perform two tasks on a 2-dimensional figure:



      1. Plot the curve where each point satisfies $f(x,y)=g(x,y)$.


      2. Mark one side of the curve with red.


      I tried to use Plot3D like the following



      myfunc[x_, y_]:= If[f[x, y] < g(x, y), 1,0];
      Plot3D[myfunc[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]


      It gives what I expected, but how can I do this in a 2D plot?










      share|improve this question











      $endgroup$




      I have two functions $f(x,y)$ and $g(x,y)$. I wish to perform two tasks on a 2-dimensional figure:



      1. Plot the curve where each point satisfies $f(x,y)=g(x,y)$.


      2. Mark one side of the curve with red.


      I tried to use Plot3D like the following



      myfunc[x_, y_]:= If[f[x, y] < g(x, y), 1,0];
      Plot3D[myfunc[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]


      It gives what I expected, but how can I do this in a 2D plot?







      plotting






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 17 mins ago









      m_goldberg

      87.7k872198




      87.7k872198










      asked 6 hours ago









      David Xiaoyu XuDavid Xiaoyu Xu

      244




      244




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          3












          $begingroup$

          RegionPlot[f[x, y] <= g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]





          share|improve this answer









          $endgroup$












          • $begingroup$
            thanks! I didn't know this before.
            $endgroup$
            – David Xiaoyu Xu
            5 hours ago


















          1












          $begingroup$

          ContourPlot[f[x, y] - g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3, 
          Contours -> 0, ContourShading -> None, Red]





          share|improve this answer









          $endgroup$












            Your Answer





            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            return StackExchange.using("mathjaxEditing", function ()
            StackExchange.MarkdownEditor.creationCallbacks.add(function (editor, postfix)
            StackExchange.mathjaxEditing.prepareWmdForMathJax(editor, postfix, [["$", "$"], ["\\(","\\)"]]);
            );
            );
            , "mathjax-editing");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "387"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fmathematica.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f193674%2fvisualizing-the-difference-curve-in-a-2d-plot%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes








            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            3












            $begingroup$

            RegionPlot[f[x, y] <= g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]





            share|improve this answer









            $endgroup$












            • $begingroup$
              thanks! I didn't know this before.
              $endgroup$
              – David Xiaoyu Xu
              5 hours ago















            3












            $begingroup$

            RegionPlot[f[x, y] <= g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]





            share|improve this answer









            $endgroup$












            • $begingroup$
              thanks! I didn't know this before.
              $endgroup$
              – David Xiaoyu Xu
              5 hours ago













            3












            3








            3





            $begingroup$

            RegionPlot[f[x, y] <= g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]





            share|improve this answer









            $endgroup$



            RegionPlot[f[x, y] <= g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3]






            share|improve this answer












            share|improve this answer



            share|improve this answer










            answered 6 hours ago









            Henrik SchumacherHenrik Schumacher

            57.3k577157




            57.3k577157











            • $begingroup$
              thanks! I didn't know this before.
              $endgroup$
              – David Xiaoyu Xu
              5 hours ago
















            • $begingroup$
              thanks! I didn't know this before.
              $endgroup$
              – David Xiaoyu Xu
              5 hours ago















            $begingroup$
            thanks! I didn't know this before.
            $endgroup$
            – David Xiaoyu Xu
            5 hours ago




            $begingroup$
            thanks! I didn't know this before.
            $endgroup$
            – David Xiaoyu Xu
            5 hours ago











            1












            $begingroup$

            ContourPlot[f[x, y] - g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3, 
            Contours -> 0, ContourShading -> None, Red]





            share|improve this answer









            $endgroup$

















              1












              $begingroup$

              ContourPlot[f[x, y] - g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3, 
              Contours -> 0, ContourShading -> None, Red]





              share|improve this answer









              $endgroup$















                1












                1








                1





                $begingroup$

                ContourPlot[f[x, y] - g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3, 
                Contours -> 0, ContourShading -> None, Red]





                share|improve this answer









                $endgroup$



                ContourPlot[f[x, y] - g[x, y], x, 0, 10, y, 0, 3, 
                Contours -> 0, ContourShading -> None, Red]






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered 5 hours ago









                kglrkglr

                189k10206424




                189k10206424



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Mathematica Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    Use MathJax to format equations. MathJax reference.


                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fmathematica.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f193674%2fvisualizing-the-difference-curve-in-a-2d-plot%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

                    When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e

                    Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee