What’s with the clanks in Endgame? Unicorn Meta Zoo #1: Why another podcast? Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Favorite questions and answers from first quarter of 2019 Latest Blog Post: FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention (Spring 2019)What’s the longest significant blood line in the Marvel Universe?What’s on Ronan’s chest whilst he inserts the Infinity Stone?What’s up with Hela’s portal?Who are all these superheros in Avengers: Endgame poster?Any significance of “Endgame” in Avengers 4 title according to comics?Why does Captain Marvel not age between the events of Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame?Could when did the post-credits sequence take place greatly affect the events of Endgame?Is there a less fragmented order for watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe before Avengers: Endgame?Which films are required viewing before “Avengers: Endgame”?Why didn't this character die even though they shot this person in Avengers: Endgame?

What is the best way to deal with NPC-NPC combat?

Is a 5 watt UHF/VHF handheld considered QRP?

Putting Ant-Man on house arrest

Multiple options vs single option UI

How to keep bees out of canned beverages?

Book with legacy programming code on a space ship that the main character hacks to escape

"My boss was furious with me and I have been fired" vs. "My boss was furious with me and I was fired"

How to translate "red flag" into Spanish?

Is there any hidden 'W' sound after 'comment' in : Comment est-elle?

Is Electric Central Heating worth it if using Solar Panels?

Could moose/elk survive in the Amazon forest?

How can I wire a 9-position switch so that each position turns on one more LED than the one before?

Married in secret, can marital status in passport be changed at a later date?

Can I criticise the more senior developers around me for not writing clean code?

What is the least dense liquid under normal conditions?

Align column where each cell has two decimals with siunitx

Retract an already submitted recommendation letter (written for an undergrad student)

Additive group of local rings

Seek and ye shall find

Co-worker works way more than he should

What ability score does a Hexblade's Pact Weapon use for attack and damage when wielded by another character?

What is a 'Key' in computer science?

How to avoid introduction cliches

Are these square matrices always diagonalisable?



What’s with the clanks in Endgame?



Unicorn Meta Zoo #1: Why another podcast?
Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Favorite questions and answers from first quarter of 2019
Latest Blog Post: FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention (Spring 2019)What’s the longest significant blood line in the Marvel Universe?What’s on Ronan’s chest whilst he inserts the Infinity Stone?What’s up with Hela’s portal?Who are all these superheros in Avengers: Endgame poster?Any significance of “Endgame” in Avengers 4 title according to comics?Why does Captain Marvel not age between the events of Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame?Could when did the post-credits sequence take place greatly affect the events of Endgame?Is there a less fragmented order for watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe before Avengers: Endgame?Which films are required viewing before “Avengers: Endgame”?Why didn't this character die even though they shot this person in Avengers: Endgame?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








5















After casually waiting through the entire end credits of Avengers: Endgame at 3am, I was treated to the sight of




nothing but the goddamned Marvel Studios logo.




However, in the background I heard what sounded like




six... clanks, for want of a better word. Sounds a bit like a hammer striking metal, or perhaps even a jewel of some sort striking perhaps a gauntlet.




Maybe the theatre’s air conditioning was having a moment, or maybe 5 hours of Avengers double bill action had reduced my mind to a creamy paste.



But on the off-chance this is something knowable or deducible: what were those sounds?










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    Is Endgame a Mark VII Production? youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM

    – Ryan Veeder
    2 hours ago






  • 1





    This is purely personal subjection but I took it to be a nod to Stark forging the original Iron Man suit. Similarly to how "I am Iron Man" was reused in homage to the film that started the whole MCU.

    – The Dark Lord
    2 hours ago

















5















After casually waiting through the entire end credits of Avengers: Endgame at 3am, I was treated to the sight of




nothing but the goddamned Marvel Studios logo.




However, in the background I heard what sounded like




six... clanks, for want of a better word. Sounds a bit like a hammer striking metal, or perhaps even a jewel of some sort striking perhaps a gauntlet.




Maybe the theatre’s air conditioning was having a moment, or maybe 5 hours of Avengers double bill action had reduced my mind to a creamy paste.



But on the off-chance this is something knowable or deducible: what were those sounds?










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    Is Endgame a Mark VII Production? youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM

    – Ryan Veeder
    2 hours ago






  • 1





    This is purely personal subjection but I took it to be a nod to Stark forging the original Iron Man suit. Similarly to how "I am Iron Man" was reused in homage to the film that started the whole MCU.

    – The Dark Lord
    2 hours ago













5












5








5








After casually waiting through the entire end credits of Avengers: Endgame at 3am, I was treated to the sight of




nothing but the goddamned Marvel Studios logo.




However, in the background I heard what sounded like




six... clanks, for want of a better word. Sounds a bit like a hammer striking metal, or perhaps even a jewel of some sort striking perhaps a gauntlet.




Maybe the theatre’s air conditioning was having a moment, or maybe 5 hours of Avengers double bill action had reduced my mind to a creamy paste.



But on the off-chance this is something knowable or deducible: what were those sounds?










share|improve this question
















After casually waiting through the entire end credits of Avengers: Endgame at 3am, I was treated to the sight of




nothing but the goddamned Marvel Studios logo.




However, in the background I heard what sounded like




six... clanks, for want of a better word. Sounds a bit like a hammer striking metal, or perhaps even a jewel of some sort striking perhaps a gauntlet.




Maybe the theatre’s air conditioning was having a moment, or maybe 5 hours of Avengers double bill action had reduced my mind to a creamy paste.



But on the off-chance this is something knowable or deducible: what were those sounds?







marvel marvel-cinematic-universe avengers-endgame






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 1 hour ago









TheLethalCarrot

53.4k20303340




53.4k20303340










asked 2 hours ago









Paul D. WaitePaul D. Waite

21.6k1690152




21.6k1690152







  • 1





    Is Endgame a Mark VII Production? youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM

    – Ryan Veeder
    2 hours ago






  • 1





    This is purely personal subjection but I took it to be a nod to Stark forging the original Iron Man suit. Similarly to how "I am Iron Man" was reused in homage to the film that started the whole MCU.

    – The Dark Lord
    2 hours ago












  • 1





    Is Endgame a Mark VII Production? youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM

    – Ryan Veeder
    2 hours ago






  • 1





    This is purely personal subjection but I took it to be a nod to Stark forging the original Iron Man suit. Similarly to how "I am Iron Man" was reused in homage to the film that started the whole MCU.

    – The Dark Lord
    2 hours ago







1




1





Is Endgame a Mark VII Production? youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM

– Ryan Veeder
2 hours ago





Is Endgame a Mark VII Production? youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM

– Ryan Veeder
2 hours ago




1




1





This is purely personal subjection but I took it to be a nod to Stark forging the original Iron Man suit. Similarly to how "I am Iron Man" was reused in homage to the film that started the whole MCU.

– The Dark Lord
2 hours ago





This is purely personal subjection but I took it to be a nod to Stark forging the original Iron Man suit. Similarly to how "I am Iron Man" was reused in homage to the film that started the whole MCU.

– The Dark Lord
2 hours ago










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















3














I wondered this myself and I think it is probably referencing Tony creating the Mk I Iron Man suit way back in Iron Man from 2008. That is where it all started and this is essentially where it all ends.




Especially for Tony.




Compare the sounds here, or at least until the Endgame video is taken down.
















share|improve this answer























  • Excellent work! I'll buy that.

    – Paul D. Waite
    1 hour ago











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "186"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fscifi.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f210743%2fwhat-s-with-the-clanks-in-endgame%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









3














I wondered this myself and I think it is probably referencing Tony creating the Mk I Iron Man suit way back in Iron Man from 2008. That is where it all started and this is essentially where it all ends.




Especially for Tony.




Compare the sounds here, or at least until the Endgame video is taken down.
















share|improve this answer























  • Excellent work! I'll buy that.

    – Paul D. Waite
    1 hour ago















3














I wondered this myself and I think it is probably referencing Tony creating the Mk I Iron Man suit way back in Iron Man from 2008. That is where it all started and this is essentially where it all ends.




Especially for Tony.




Compare the sounds here, or at least until the Endgame video is taken down.
















share|improve this answer























  • Excellent work! I'll buy that.

    – Paul D. Waite
    1 hour ago













3












3








3







I wondered this myself and I think it is probably referencing Tony creating the Mk I Iron Man suit way back in Iron Man from 2008. That is where it all started and this is essentially where it all ends.




Especially for Tony.




Compare the sounds here, or at least until the Endgame video is taken down.
















share|improve this answer













I wondered this myself and I think it is probably referencing Tony creating the Mk I Iron Man suit way back in Iron Man from 2008. That is where it all started and this is essentially where it all ends.




Especially for Tony.




Compare the sounds here, or at least until the Endgame video is taken down.

































share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered 1 hour ago









TheLethalCarrotTheLethalCarrot

53.4k20303340




53.4k20303340












  • Excellent work! I'll buy that.

    – Paul D. Waite
    1 hour ago

















  • Excellent work! I'll buy that.

    – Paul D. Waite
    1 hour ago
















Excellent work! I'll buy that.

– Paul D. Waite
1 hour ago





Excellent work! I'll buy that.

– Paul D. Waite
1 hour ago

















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fscifi.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f210743%2fwhat-s-with-the-clanks-in-endgame%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e