Declaring taxable income for a minor in the United States The Next CEO of Stack OverflowWhat is the purpose of the inheritance tax in the United States?Emergency vehicle laws in the United StatesIs there a threshold for declaring interest income from a foreign country?What is the punishment for slavery in the United States?Can an employer owe money for an employee's income tax?Is the United States at War?Is there an “high altitude mountain climbing age” within the United States?Minor in violation of curfew on his propertyCan multiple states demand income tax from an LLC?Is it considered breach of contract or advertising laws if a developer markets their game as releasing on digital store A, but then chooses store B?

WOW air has ceased operation, can I get my tickets refunded?

How do I transpose the 1st and -1th levels of an arbitrarily nested array?

Why am I allowed to create multiple unique pointers from a single object?

How do we know the LHC results are robust?

Won the lottery - how do I keep the money?

What was the first Unix version to run on a microcomputer?

Complex fractions

What does "Its cash flow is deeply negative" mean?

Anatomically Correct Strange Women In Ponds Distributing Swords

Preparing Indesign booklet with .psd graphics for print

In excess I'm lethal

Between two walls

Help understanding this unsettling image of Titan, Epimetheus, and Saturn's rings?

Make solar eclipses exceedingly rare, but still have new moons

Why didn't Khan get resurrected in the Genesis Explosion?

Contours of a clandestine nature

What can we do to stop prior company from asking us questions?

What is the result of assigning to std::vector<T>::begin()?

Can we say or write : "No, it'sn't"?

Why don't programming languages automatically manage the synchronous/asynchronous problem?

Is micro rebar a better way to reinforce concrete than rebar?

Skipping indices in a product

Would a completely good Muggle be able to use a wand?

How powerful is the invisibility granted by the Gloom Stalker ranger's Umbral Sight feature?



Declaring taxable income for a minor in the United States



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowWhat is the purpose of the inheritance tax in the United States?Emergency vehicle laws in the United StatesIs there a threshold for declaring interest income from a foreign country?What is the punishment for slavery in the United States?Can an employer owe money for an employee's income tax?Is the United States at War?Is there an “high altitude mountain climbing age” within the United States?Minor in violation of curfew on his propertyCan multiple states demand income tax from an LLC?Is it considered breach of contract or advertising laws if a developer markets their game as releasing on digital store A, but then chooses store B?










0















I am 16 years old, located in the United States (Texas), and I am currently embarking upon entrepreneurial endeavors.



I am a computer programmer, or, to be more specific, a Full Stack Developer, so any money I make as a result of my entrepreneurial endeavors is generated through offering software and web/mobile application based services, as well as selling digital/physical products (online courses, email newsletters, Dropshipping, etc.)



I'm wondering, in the United States, how much money I have to earn before that money has to be formally declared to the IRS. I heard it was 3000 USD, but I want to be sure. Does that money have to be declared on a parent's tax returns, and how might establishing an LLC or similar affect his?



Considering I develop applications, money is made primarily through subscription-based models, as well as ad revenue from Google AdMob and Google AdSense. I also earn money writing articles for a company based in London.



Any advice as to not defraud the United States and ensure I don't break any tax laws would be much appreciated.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • You're much better off asking at money.stackexchange.com

    – BlueDogRanch
    8 mins ago











  • @BlueDogRanch Thank you. I was just looking through all of the Stack Exchange sites for something better. I must have missed that one. Should I leave this question here and ask over at Money, or delete this one and ask again?

    – Jamie Corkhill
    7 mins ago















0















I am 16 years old, located in the United States (Texas), and I am currently embarking upon entrepreneurial endeavors.



I am a computer programmer, or, to be more specific, a Full Stack Developer, so any money I make as a result of my entrepreneurial endeavors is generated through offering software and web/mobile application based services, as well as selling digital/physical products (online courses, email newsletters, Dropshipping, etc.)



I'm wondering, in the United States, how much money I have to earn before that money has to be formally declared to the IRS. I heard it was 3000 USD, but I want to be sure. Does that money have to be declared on a parent's tax returns, and how might establishing an LLC or similar affect his?



Considering I develop applications, money is made primarily through subscription-based models, as well as ad revenue from Google AdMob and Google AdSense. I also earn money writing articles for a company based in London.



Any advice as to not defraud the United States and ensure I don't break any tax laws would be much appreciated.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • You're much better off asking at money.stackexchange.com

    – BlueDogRanch
    8 mins ago











  • @BlueDogRanch Thank you. I was just looking through all of the Stack Exchange sites for something better. I must have missed that one. Should I leave this question here and ask over at Money, or delete this one and ask again?

    – Jamie Corkhill
    7 mins ago













0












0








0








I am 16 years old, located in the United States (Texas), and I am currently embarking upon entrepreneurial endeavors.



I am a computer programmer, or, to be more specific, a Full Stack Developer, so any money I make as a result of my entrepreneurial endeavors is generated through offering software and web/mobile application based services, as well as selling digital/physical products (online courses, email newsletters, Dropshipping, etc.)



I'm wondering, in the United States, how much money I have to earn before that money has to be formally declared to the IRS. I heard it was 3000 USD, but I want to be sure. Does that money have to be declared on a parent's tax returns, and how might establishing an LLC or similar affect his?



Considering I develop applications, money is made primarily through subscription-based models, as well as ad revenue from Google AdMob and Google AdSense. I also earn money writing articles for a company based in London.



Any advice as to not defraud the United States and ensure I don't break any tax laws would be much appreciated.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












I am 16 years old, located in the United States (Texas), and I am currently embarking upon entrepreneurial endeavors.



I am a computer programmer, or, to be more specific, a Full Stack Developer, so any money I make as a result of my entrepreneurial endeavors is generated through offering software and web/mobile application based services, as well as selling digital/physical products (online courses, email newsletters, Dropshipping, etc.)



I'm wondering, in the United States, how much money I have to earn before that money has to be formally declared to the IRS. I heard it was 3000 USD, but I want to be sure. Does that money have to be declared on a parent's tax returns, and how might establishing an LLC or similar affect his?



Considering I develop applications, money is made primarily through subscription-based models, as well as ad revenue from Google AdMob and Google AdSense. I also earn money writing articles for a company based in London.



Any advice as to not defraud the United States and ensure I don't break any tax laws would be much appreciated.







united-states tax-law fraud texas minor






share|improve this question







New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question







New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question






New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 11 mins ago









Jamie CorkhillJamie Corkhill

11




11




New contributor




Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • You're much better off asking at money.stackexchange.com

    – BlueDogRanch
    8 mins ago











  • @BlueDogRanch Thank you. I was just looking through all of the Stack Exchange sites for something better. I must have missed that one. Should I leave this question here and ask over at Money, or delete this one and ask again?

    – Jamie Corkhill
    7 mins ago

















  • You're much better off asking at money.stackexchange.com

    – BlueDogRanch
    8 mins ago











  • @BlueDogRanch Thank you. I was just looking through all of the Stack Exchange sites for something better. I must have missed that one. Should I leave this question here and ask over at Money, or delete this one and ask again?

    – Jamie Corkhill
    7 mins ago
















You're much better off asking at money.stackexchange.com

– BlueDogRanch
8 mins ago





You're much better off asking at money.stackexchange.com

– BlueDogRanch
8 mins ago













@BlueDogRanch Thank you. I was just looking through all of the Stack Exchange sites for something better. I must have missed that one. Should I leave this question here and ask over at Money, or delete this one and ask again?

– Jamie Corkhill
7 mins ago





@BlueDogRanch Thank you. I was just looking through all of the Stack Exchange sites for something better. I must have missed that one. Should I leave this question here and ask over at Money, or delete this one and ask again?

– Jamie Corkhill
7 mins ago










0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "617"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2flaw.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f38593%2fdeclaring-taxable-income-for-a-minor-in-the-united-states%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











Jamie Corkhill is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to Law Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2flaw.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f38593%2fdeclaring-taxable-income-for-a-minor-in-the-united-states%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Which organization defines CJK Unified Ideographs? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowCharacters which have several different shapesHow useful are the kanji in reading Chinese?Can Chinese readers scan large amounts of text faster/more accurately than their alphabet-using counterparts?丼: why is “well” also “bowl of food”?What Does Unicode 8.0 Mean For Chinese?How are blanks indicated for placeholders in Chinese (like ???)Is there a dictionary of standard character variants?How to display CJK Extension F?How is it decided as to which character is used on the tech terminology?How does 子 come to mean 'midnight'?

Shenzhen Football Club Índice Elenco atual | Títulos | Referências Ligações externas | Menu de navegaçãoGooglenotíciaslivrosacadêmicoeditar«"Elenco"»Site oficialexpandindo-oeee

When We Were Young (canção de Adele) Índice Antecedentes e lançamento | Faixas e formatos | Performances e covers | Desempenho nas tabelas musicais | Créditos | Histórico de lançamento | Referências Menu de navegação«Best albums of 2015»«Adele - When We Were Young (Radio Date: 22-01-2016)»«When We Were Young - Single by Adele»«Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return»«adele interview: world exclusive first interview in three years»«Tobias Jesso Jr: since Adele tweeted his song, he's even bigger than his dad»«Adele interviews Tobias Jesso Jr: 'I think that a couple of the ideas we had could be rap songs'»«Adele on Her Return: 'I Was So Frightened That No One Cared'»«Tobias Jesso Jr. on working with Adele: 'I was as nervous as shit'»«How Ariel Rechtshaid Pushed Adele To Her Limit»«Adele Previews 'When We Were Young' on '60 Minutes' Teaser, Tops Trending 140»«Adele Performs New '25' Ballad, "When We Were Young" Live: Watch»«Which '25' Song Should Be Adele's Next Single?»«Adele's 'When We Were Young' Confirmed As Second Single From '25'»«Adele's new single artwork for 'When We Were Young' is perfectly adorable»«Adele at the BBC review: honest, funny and spectacular – Celebrity News News»«'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings 'Hello' and 'When We Were Young'»«'Adele: Live in New York City' NBC Special – Set List Revealed!»«Adele Closes Out the 2016 Brit Awards With 'When We Were Young'»«What Is The Adele Live Tour Set List? There's No Way She'd Leave Out These 8 Songs»«See Demi Lovato's Soaring Cover of Adele's 'When We Were Young'»«'The Voice': 5 Best Moments From Week 1 Blind Auditions»«Adele – When We Were Young (Media Control Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Entertainment Monitoring Africa)»«Adele – When We Were Young (ARIA Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ö3 Austria Top 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 50)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Ultratop 40)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Canadian Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Tracklisten)»«Adele – When We Were Young (The Official Charts Company)»«Adele – Hello (IFPI Slovenská Republika)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Productores de Música de España)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Billboard Hot 100)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Adult Pop Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Adult Contemporary Charts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Hot Dance Club Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Rock Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (IFPI Finlândia)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Syndicat National de l'Éditon Phonographique)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Irish Recorded Music Association)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Mexico Airplay)»«Adele – When We Were Young (VG-lista)»«Adele – When We Were Young (NZ Top 40 Singles)»«Adele – When We Were Young (MegaCharts)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Związek Producentów Audio Video)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Indie Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (UK Singles Chart)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Sverigetopplistan)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Schweizer Hitparade)»«Adele – When We Were Young (Portugal Digital Songs)»«Music Canada – Gold/Platinum – When We Were Young»«NZ Top 40 Singles Chart»«Certified Awards»e